Artist 9: List Editor, Ext Midi questions

Greetings. Could you please tell me:

(a) is the List Editor included in Cubase Artist 9?
(b) can Cubase Artist 9 send MIDI information to external MIDI equipment (e.g. sound modules) through a USB-2-MIDI interface or a USB Audio Interface that has MIDI OUT and MIDI IN ports?
(c) can the user choose not to have the bottom control bar, to gain some screen real estate?

Thank you in advance.

Hi and welcome,

(a): Yes, it’s part of Cubase Artist and Cubase Pro. Not in Cubase Elements and lower.
(b): Yes, all Cubase versions can send MIDI data to any external hardware device, and can receive MIDI data from any hardware MIDI device.
(c): Yes. But the bottom Transport bar saves the space, and it’s much smaller then the old Transport Panel (dedicated window) form my experience.

Go for it. :wink:

Thank you for your reply. I may very well go for it because I think it is an amazing program and possibly the only one that assist me in the extensive RPN/NRPN editing that I need to control my external hardware MIDI equipment. I understand that a USB e-Licenser will be necessary and hopefully registration/activation on windows 10 and macOS will not be too difficult.

Hi,

Activation is very simple process.

Go for the upgrade during August, the price is 40% off now.

Hello Martin, i d like to send nrpn to generic peripheric to have fine adjusment of volume
Do you know if it can be recognized (i have tried unsuccessfully ) and how
Thank s

Hi,

First of all, I would recommend to start a new thread for this.

How exactly do you want to send it? Do you want to make a Cubase Device? Or just from the MIDI Track as common MIDI Data?

Hello again, I purchased a USB e-licenser key from my local Steinberg dealer. Could you please tell me how I can make this USB e-licenser show in the MySteinberg Account? I have transferred the Soft e-licenses for LE8 and LE9 to the USB e-licenser but I cannot see it in the MySteinberg Account. Is this important and/or necessary before I buy Artist 9?

Hi,

It’s highly recommended. To do so, register or from eLCC application.

Well i retry my question:
generic remote can send CTRL-RPN, but is it able to receive a CTRL-RPN?
If I check the option “learn” and send with my electronic module:
0xB0,0x65,0x00 RPN MSB
0xB0,0x64,0x01 RPN LSB
0xB0,0x06,0x64 DATA ENTRY MSB

it only recognize the last send 0xB0,0x06,0x64 AS A classic CC
Pehaps is there another way to do this
Thanks a lot Martin

Hi,

Yes and no… :slight_smile:

Generic Remote can Receive MIDI CC 98 (NRP LSB), MIDI CC 99 (NRP MSB) and MIDI CC 6 (Data Entry). But the problem is, Cubase handle them as individual messages. So you cannot use NRPNs as different messages. So you cannot control parameter A with CC98=0 & CC99=0 and pass thru CC6 value, and parameter B with CC98=1 & CC99=0 and pass thru CC6 value. Is it clear?

Hi
Thanks for your prompt answer
That’s clear
So i cannot command fine volume or other fine parameter with generic remote,it is really a pity, it dont recognize also
0xE0 midi data
Bye