Artist 9 upgrade issue..

Hello,

I’m having trouble activating an upgrade to cubase 9 artist.
I bought the UR22mkII and installed Cubase AI 9.5, when i try to activate the cubase 9 artist upgrade in the elicenser control centre, i get an error message: ‘Currently there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer’

I think the upgrade only supports Cubase AI upto version 9, not 9.5.

I have raised a support request but it’s still open, and searching the forums it looks like it could remain open for a while.
In the meantime I can’t use my shiny new software!.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome,

Do I understand you right, you bought UR22mkII with Cubase AI. This Cubase AI 9 has been updated to AI 9.5 automatically, right? Then you bought an upgrade from Cubase AI to Cubase Artist 9, but you cannot use this upgrade. Am I right?

This type of upgrade should works from any Cubase AI version, so it shouldn’t be an issue. But make sure you have the latest eLCC version, please. Might be, your eLCC version doesn’t know Cubase 9.5 yet.

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue. I have the latest eLCC version, just updated everything tonight and tried to install my upgrade. My license for Cubase AI 9.5 shows up fine. When trying to active my upgrade to Artist 9 - getting the same error message: ‘Currently there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer’.

Please help!!!

I’m having the exact same issue. Does anybody have any ideas on how to resolve this? I have tried reinstalling eLCC, but that did not help.

Interesting, I registered the dongle onto the Steinberg website. It cannot find a valid license on there. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Hi,

Upgrade from Cubase Artist 9 is other from upgrade from Cubase Artist 9.5. There are 2 different items in the shop.

Hi,

Same issue here. According to the Artist upgrade instructions, we just need to activate AI, then download Artist and activate. I have the exact message as Devi and already tried some solutions found in the forums, but no success.

Two more things: the AI serial activates the 9.5 version directly. Also, why can’t a recently bought artist/eLCC be granted to be in the grace period to the 9.5 upgrade? Doesn’t make much sense.

Please help. Many Thanks

Well, should have posted sooner…finally manage to activate Cubase Artist 9.5!

What worked for me:

• Cleared eLCC memory
  • Uninstalled eLCC
  • Installed again (current version of course)
  • Reactivated my Cubase AI code
  • Activate AI code and download license in eLCC
  • Activate Artist code and download license in eLCC
  • All good, and with the 9.5 upgrade link

Now i wait for server availability and i hope this works for others.

Have fun and share your tunes!!