Artist installation contains plugins from PRO

Hi,

yesterday I installed Cubase Artist 10 and I noticed at least two plugins that should only be available in the Pro version of Cubase:

1. Voxengo’s CurveEQ is listed in plugin manager and under the EQ section for audio inserts

Adding it to a track brings up an error message from eLicenser but runs in demo mode. Not sure if this is intended.

2. When starting Halion 6 a dialog pops up that a license for Vintage Verb Collection (for REVerence which isn’t available in Artist at all) is missing.
    vintage_verb.PNG
    This one is a bit annoying since the dialog appears every time Halion 6 is started.

I think that those two plugins should be removed from Artist as they’re Pro-only features and not working at all. It would be great to get the Chord Assistant as promsied on the feature page instead (“If you want to specify the first and final chords but don’t know what should go in between? This, also, is possible. The Chord Assistant lists chord suggestions from which you can choose.” - this text is shown, when you filter the features for Artist on What Is Cubase: Discover All the Features | Steinberg) :wink:

Hi,

Cubase Pro and Cubase Artist are the same installer and the same executable. Only the license decides what functions/plug-ins you can see and use. So yes, the plug-in is installed, but you shouldn’t see it with Cubase Artist license.

I have a similar issue in Artist 10, but a pop up comes up when I start Halion 6 standalone:

Some content could not be loaded. Either, licenses are missing, or trial licenses have expired
Vintage Verb Collection
Find our more on how to activate our trial licenses permanently, or remove expired licenses.
OK More Details

How do I keep the pop up from occurring?

Martin, I am getting the same issue- error message re: VVC since upgrading to Artist 10 and Halion 6. How can we make it stop coming up?
Capture.PNG

Hi,

I’m sorry, but I don’t know by hard, if this package is part of Cubase Artist license.

Make sure you have the latest eLCC application installed, please. Try to start eLCC as administrator and trigger Maintenance.

Latest version of eLCC is 6.11.3.1242. It didn’t solve the issue.