Artist Version of Dorico

Will Dorico ever have an Artist Version like Cubase?

I find that the Elements version is just too little in terms of tracks (12) and Pro a bit much. It would be nice to have a version that sits in between with maybe 22 tracks and some missing elements from the Pro version.

The only difference of Elements and Pro is the limitation to 12 Players (they can hold more than 12 instrument) and the absence of Engrave-Mode and cues. It is very close to the Pro version and extremely reasonably priced. I can not imagine another version in between - it would be too confusing in my opinion.

Elements would be perfect for me if it had a few more players. The string section already takes up 5 of the available 12.

The price jump from Elements to Pro is quite a big difference as well :frowning:

The “ultimate” solution (and I forget what other notation program chose that name!) might be subscription pricing, where the cost was automatically scaled by the number of staves in your scores, and you got a discount if you didn’t use engrave mode for some number of consecutive days :smiling_imp:

This sounds dangerously close to the old mess of 14 different versions of Finale, and an immense chart showing the difference between the versions.

We don’t have any current plans for an Artist version of Dorico.

What about doing something like Noteperformer just recently added to their purchase plan. Add a monthly installment of 12 equal payments of the PRO version and when you hit the last payment you own the software. Makes it a lot more affordable.

I’ve been using Dorico Pro trial for the past 2 weeks after trying out all the other notation software. I have to say Dorico is my favourite and has a lot of tools like the Play Mode, which give it even more flexibility. The inputting took me a while to get used to, but it really started to grown on me. It will be sad when the trial runs out :frowning:

Hopefully I’ll be able to pick it up some time in the future.

Yes, I agree that would be great. I’m afraid that’s not something we can offer at the moment, but possibly one or more of our resellers might be able to provide finance options. The other option (and something which I did when I came to replace my phone last year) is to take out a credit card that offers an introductory period of 0% interest on purchases, buy the product using that card, then set up a monthly repayment to pay off the amount in instalments until you have paid off the expense.

I’ll have to look into that, but generally in South Africa, we don’t get 0% interest options :smiley:

It’s a pity that Dorico does not offer any discounts to Cubase Pro users. Like some loyalty discount.