ASIO/CPU Power

Hey folks,

just got a CI 1 today but for the life of me, I can’t get it working.

I’ve well above the system requirements which I’ve listed below.

Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 3, 32 Bit
2.91 GHz. AMD Athlon II X2 245 Processor
4GB Ram

I’ve also downloaded the latest driver version 1.3.0.

Basically any time I try and set Sequence LE 2 to use the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO, I get the following Error.

This setting requires more CPU power than is available.”

I also noticed that regardless of what I set the ASIO Buffer size to in the Control Panel, it always switches back to 768 Samples.

I also tried using Guitar Rig with it which I have successfully used in the past with different ASIO drivers, but while I can select the Yamaha/Steinberg Drivers, nothing happens and I am unable to open the Control panel from there.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

28 Views and not one single reply?

Awesome…if this was the Line 6 forum I’d have an answer if not from Tech Support then at very least from an Expert user.

The lack of response and information to my particular woe has really turned me off Steinberg…

Hello,

Please get in contact with the Steinberg support department for your region to get this problem solved.

The contact details can be found here.

Cheers,

Chris

I’ve already been in touch with tech support via email…

4 days and counting and I’ve not heard a thing. Not good enough IMO.

At this point I’ve given up finding a solution and I really just need the hardware and corresponding software for my product to be deregistered (which I’ve also requested but had no response to) so I can return it to my retailer now as I’ve wasted WAY too much time on this already.

Hi there,

Still no answer here - and I am facing the same problem right now and searching for a solution.
dear Octo777 can you help me?

sonni29

I got the same problem, just bought Cubase 10,5, have been using Cubase Essential 5 so far, no I got the message: “this setting requires more cpu power than is available”