"ASIO driver not running" message (with Korg Kronos)

I have connected a Korg Kronos keyboard to my Windows 10 PC running Cubase AI 10.5, I can create and play back MIDi tracks. When I try to create an Audio track from a MIDI track I get a message: “Recording Error - ASIO driver not running”.

I have installed Korg’s MIDI USB driver and the ASIO4ALL v2 on the PC… In the Cubase Studio Setup menu, under VST Audio System, the ASIO driver choices are the Generic Low Latency Audio ASIO Driver and ASIO4ALLv2. For some reason the Korg driver isn’t listed even though I installed it on the PC. And with either the Generic Low Latency or ASIO4ALLv2 ASIO driver selected, I’m getting the same recording error message.

Would appreciate any help–thank you!

Hi,

Use the Korg’s ASIO driver in the Studio > Studio Setup > VST Audio System, please.

Thank you. Unfortunately the Korg driver isn’t offered as a choice in the VST Audio System window (even though I did install the Korg driver on the PC). I will try restarting the PC and Cubase and see if it picks it up as an option this time.

Hi,

Korg doesn’t provide any ASIO drivers for that device afaik. The USB MIDI driver is all that comes with it. Do you have some other application running that’s using the ASIO4All or the Generic low latency ASIO driver ? Maybe it’s blocked.

1 Like

Thanks very much, tannoy71, for that information. That explains why VST Audio System isn’t offering anyting for KORG even though I downloaded their USB MIDI driver. Now I’ll check into your question about possible interference with ASIO4All or the Generic low latency ASIO driver. FYI, I just downloaded the ASIO4All driver an hour ago, and it DOES show up in the VST Audio System window as a choice. Thanks again, I’ll post again after looking further…

1 Like