asio drivers

do you use the same driver for all applications such as vst driver and the driver fro regular inputs?
I have an external interface that works fine with all but a usb keyboard, I can’t get one driver to work for both. has anyone had this problem or am I just missing something. Stienberg tell me to talk to lexicon, who tells me to talk to cubase who tells me to talk to m-audo. I must be asking the wrong questions. thanks for any help on this.

ok , so I got some info, you cant’ use m audio products with lexicon asio drivers in cubase, so you can use m audio if you don’t have an external driver;
So be wary when you buy a keyboard, it may be compatible with qbase but not with the interface that you are using.
this is for usb keyboards. good luck.

There are no audio outputs on the keyboard besides USB? ASIO4All may be an option, if not.

ok , so I got some info, you cant’ use m audio products with lexicon asio drivers in cubase, so you can use m audio if you don’t have an external driver;

Are you sure that they don’t mean that you can’t use the asio driver for the keyboard alongside the lexicon asio driver…this is the same for any asio units. You can only run one at a time.

Your keyboard if it has an asio driver must have some kind of audio interfacing but presumably you use the Lexicon for audio so you only want the M-Audio keyboard for midi triggering??

You only need to install the usb driver (you may not even need to do that if windows drivers work with it… & your keyboard should show up in the midi input selections.