ASIO Input Plugin and Plugin Drag and Drop

Hello,

WL 8.0.1

1. So far I have been unable to drag and drop plugins in the Master Section. Does this need to be enabled? If so, I can’t find it. They will move using the right-click menu.

2. Also, the ASIO Input plugin appears to not be working (does still work in WL7 and the audio card settings are the same in 7 & 8). Sometimes, when inserted and at the correct sample rate clicking play gives the error “The audio card input could not be set to this sample rate: 0 Hz”. Then, I was able to get it to monitor as expected (by random – nothing changed), I tried recording (rendering) and the result was a blank file at the correct sample rate and bit depth (which did not automatically load in the audio files window).

Next time I tried, the Input plugin loaded properly and played input (still records/renders a blank file, though), but as soon as I insert another plugin (I tried one provided by WL - Peak Master), the 0 Hz error starts happening. This error would happen with any number of plugins.

Finally, (with no settings changed) I was alble to get a chain of 3 plugins to work with the input, but the file recorded is still blank (correct sample rate, bit depth and length).

Then, I tried again and WL8 crashed.

I’m a long time user of WL 7 and I remember there were some problems with this plugin in the early release but they were corrected in later release. The settings in WL7 (Audio Streaming Settings) and WL8 (VST Audio Connections) are the same. I just checked ASIO Input plugin in WL7 - perfect.

1. In the Plug-in settings dialog, how do you move plug-ins to another category and delete some categories?

Thanks,
BW

I should add that I’m at 88.2 KHz sampling rate. I can get more plugins to load at 44.1 kHz, but still get a rendered blank file.

Thanks,
BW

1. You can drag Master Section plugin to the Montage effect window, not the other way round.

2. Right, I can reproduce the problem; sorry. This will be corrected in 8.0.2.

3. Simply double click in the category column and type the category name. Later you can select more plugins and still from the same column (single click), move all these plugins to a custom category.

Thanks PG,

I meant I can’t drag plugins between different slots in the MS. Can do in WL 7.

Thanks,
BW

I meant I can’t drag plugins between different slots in the MS. Can do in WL 7.

Really? No problem here, to move plugins with drag and drop (Audio Input is an exception, as it needs to stay in slot #1).

Okay, it’s working now. Was getting “line through circle”.

I have an un related problem. I bounced a Monatge to a wave file (88.2 kHz - 32 Bit) and tried to convert it to 44.1 using a command line SRC (do it all the time from WL 7). It gave an error “Can’t open input file. RIFF header missing”. If i open the file in WL 7 and re-save it, the SRC works perfectly.

I haven’t looked at the file with a hex editor yet, but I will.

Thanks,
BW

Apparently WL8 automatically saves any file larger than 2 GB as a Wave 64 file. WL 7 doesn’t do that.

Thanks,
BW

The option RF64 is On by default in WaveLab 8, and was Off in WaveLab 7. That’s the only difference.

Thanks PG,

Can I turn it off in 8?

BW

Found it, sorry

BW

I am having the same issue as the OP with the 0 hz sampling rate messages, and rendering a blank file when the audio input ASIO plugin is used.

Has anyone found a work around?

Yes, PG has, as he wrote in the third post: “2) Right, I can reproduce the problem; sorry. This will be corrected in 8.0.2.” That will be out this week :slight_smile:

What I meant by a “work around” is a way around the problem before the update.

I’ll just wait for the update since it’s going to be out shortly.

The only work around I found so far is just removing the audio input plugin before changing other plugins.