Asio Meter Comparison 7.5 vs 8 (updated)

See if you can guess which is which… both at 128 samples

This is the biggest ‘feature’ that has ever been introduced

-Update-

I feel my initial findings are a little misleading, it seems my MASSIVE performance boosts were due to massive latency being added to all UAD plugins,
see other post
Warning for anyone using UAD plugins + Cubase 8 - Cubase - Steinberg Forums for more info

I feel that is worth mentioning, your results may vary

:open_mouth:

I’m hoping the top is 7.5 and the bottom is 8…

Correct? :smiley:

yes… how did you guess?.. :wink:

Windows or Mac? What kind of project?

Windows
fairly complex project, 100 chans in total inc groups + midi

same here :astonished:
Realtime peak is down almost entirely and average load in C8 is circa 20-35% reduced on a song with 9 VSTs and 30 audio tracks!!?

This right here is worth the $99.99 update alone

hooo i think i saw this comparison elsewhere :wink:
its like having new stronger computer… OK time to click the Buy button at steinberg site

just to compliment / great move on upgrade pricing. thumbsup :wink:

I agree !!!

downloading now :slight_smile:

Any mac users that confirm this difference also in Cubase 8 - mac ?

If so, i will draw my wallet definitely :smiley:

Great news, thanks for everyone’s feedback - keep it coming!

ok now THIS is what I was waiting for.

Whilst I’ve grown to really love the new mixer in Cubase 7.5, I was a bit miffed at the poor ASIO performance compared to C5.

If others can report similar improvements on Win 7 64bit setups then I’ll definitely be upgrading…

…right after the initial 6 month public beta testing :smiley:

I loaded my previous project from 7.5 to 8.0 and was really amazed. Performance meter showed almost 35% boost of performance. Project runs much smoother without any dropouts. Great! MacPro 2013 6-core with Yosemite and UA Apollo 16.

Latency is really much better on Win 7.
I can go as low as 2.5 ms (as low as my Focusrite Liquid Saffire will let me) with no glitches- this is a game changer with all the features such as bounce in place and plugin folder organisation. Life is much easier in one go.
:smiley:

ok small project 45 track all audio, eq, compression etc. on every track on:
7.5: buffer 512
average 25%-30% load
Peak 50%-75%

8.0: buffer 64
average 25%-30%
Peak 5%-10%

not a glitch yet, zooming in and out opening windows left and right, i’m impressed.

A good 25% reduction here and! East west play runs perfectly! no more horrible Asio overloads and nasty crackles! excellent upgrade so far :slight_smile:

Yes, I can confirm that.

L

THis is why I bought this as soon as … NOW! I’m so stoked to try it. I’ve from very heavy projects and I really am thrilled to know that I can use that computer a bit longer now.

There’s a song I made which forced me to freeze lots of tracks because otherwise I just couldn’t render. If this can be played live I’m sold! (well oops, i’m soll already, but i’ll be double sold!)

But I’m a bit sad it’s gonna last 4 hours to download on my 100mbit connection.

please report back with the answer to that question… i’m curious,