ASIO Meter - feature request

Please add the ability to not hold ASIO meter red light (overload meter) it should be optional.
it should go off after lighting up if I set the option to do so…

Thanks in advance, this should be in next build, it’s a quick fix option.

2 Likes

you should tag this with the feature-request tag. That’s how it gets entered into the database.

1 Like

Psychologically speaking, indefinite red lights are not good for software sales, I literally have to hide the ASIO meter at times in the past.
So for example the music I create would never trigger a red light on my new i9, but you know what does, loading things, opening other programs switching patches in Kontakt… having said that, I would have a setting that either turns off red the light immediately, or after a custom defined number of seconds, or “indefinitely on” which I am 99.999999% sure no one will select, but for good measure lets say someone still wants that. Matthias , missed buffer transfers during playback are very audible, I say we put the red light to immediate off after going on as a default.

God will smile upon and bestow special blessing on the developer, who takes on this task :wink: and runs with it for the next build…

Hi. Nice idea :+1:t2: I think if you want this post to get better attention and votes it might be worth editing the title of it to the actual feature request in a few words rather than ‘a small request’ otherwise it may end up at the bottom of the request list without many views. :blush:

1 Like

This is good advice - for all posts really. Generic subject lines get way less attention.

But this is a great idea. As it is, the indicator is useless for its intended purpose because it is always stuck on by what are essentially false-positives.

2 Likes

I updated the title, I feel sometimes the smallest things have the biggest impact… every time I watch a YouTube video on cubase, the red light is always on, regardless of what kind of machine this person is using. Dear Steinberg, don’t be surprised if your sales go up after you fix this, seemingly small thing.

Also, adding insult to injury there isn’t even a Key Command (last I checked) that will reset it. You’ve got to click it. Normally I keep it hidden now.

1 Like

It’s not a clip meter, it should not stay on forever by default. A performance meter, especially a real time performance meter should only reflect real time performance. Sure if the system is not able to perform flash red light but then for the love of God turn it off…

even when one watches Cubase hangout / training videos by Greg Ondo

…and some people just hide the ASIO meter.

Yes, I’m constantly turning off that red light, annoying!

2 Likes

I agree, it’s a small thing, but it takes away from creativity. it should go off after it goes on.

1 Like