- Did the system ever run smoothly?
Yes, until the latest updates (v6, v6.02)
- Did you have this problem before 6.02 or only after you installed the the 6.02 patch?
They started on v6
2.Does trashing the prefs help?
Do the occureneces varry if you change “Devices–> Device Setup–> Multi Processing”?
Do the occureneces varry if you change “Devices–> Device Setup–> Activate–> Activate Steinberg Audio Power Scheme”?
Haven’t tried yet
- You are running Cubase 6 32bit on Windows 7 64bit right?
- Are you using the latest updates for your NI Plugs and UAD Soft and Hardware?
I’ve checked and there are some NI updates. I must install those before trying anything else because I discovered that the spikes seem to disappear if I open a second Kore 2 instance, load 3 of the 7 instruments into it and delete the same instruments from their original location in the first Kore 2 instance. It looks as if Kore 2 had some load balancing issues and 7 instruments in 1 instance would be heavier on the system than the same instruments distributed between two instances.
- Are you sure that you went through all the points in
"> optimizing-windows-for-daws> " or are there some that you are no sure about and if so which ones are you not sure about? It would be could if you could go through that list again and realy confirm what you have done.
I’ve checked and they were all set.
Could you create your projects on another position of your hard disc? Please also try to use another partition or even another disc. External hard discs should in some cases not be used as working medium, particularly if USB 1.0
Could you temporaraly deactivate all device drivers that you do not absolutely need to run the system? This would involve for instance, Display Card, UAD, network card, bluetooth, wlan, etc.
I don’t think this has anything to do with my problem for two reasons: the project has no audio just a few MIDI tracks to drive the VSTis and my data is on a 8 HD RAID array with a dedicated RAID card. The disk throughput is enough to handle some heavy HD video projects, so audio should never be a problem.
- Could you temporaraly deactivate all device drivers that you do not absolutely need to run the system? This would involve for instance, Display Card, UAD, network card, bluetooth, wlan, etc.
I’ll leave that last.