ASIO4ALL - nothing happening

I’ve just heard back from Creative CS that ASIO is not supported for this card so I should maybe just be glad that the ASIO DX driver does the job.

Wow, card must be ancient.

It’s still an active product on Creative’s site but this particular one is an OEM version that came pre-installed in a Dell (and which, consequently, Creative don’t support). But it does sound like Creative don’t do ASIO driver for all (any?) of their interfaces.

I have a SB Audigy card that supports ASIO, came installed in a Dell. :wink:

I’ve even seen your card many times at the old forum, never heard it didn’t support ASIO. :confused: Most common issue was record what you hear which caused bleed across all tracks.

Tried different drivers/ firmware?

It’s Creative who don’t support ASIO, not the card, it would seem (if that makes any kind of sense). Do you run your SB from Cubase?

That’s BS. Yes, I can select the Creative ASIO driver in Cubase. I don’t use it as it’s 48k and doesn’t support 44.1k.

I’m telling you, whoever you talked to at SB was smoking Puppy Chow.

What the model number of yours? SB1040?

Can’t say, I removed the card to free up memory and resources.

Never mind, I’ve asked Creative to confirm whether this lack of ASIO support just applies to the X-Fi (mine).

Crotchety,

After reading this I get the impression that all you want to do is to be able to switch between 2 sets of monitors. If I have interpreted this correctly then I have a question/solution.

Are you mixing in surround or stereo?

If you are mixing in stereo… select the correct driver for your SaffireLE.
Set up the control room page in Cubase to feed your main mix (via main monitors) to the L/R outputs of the Saffire.
Then set up the Alt speaker feed from the control room page to feed the stereo mix to the RL/RR outputs of the Saffire.

Then using the control room page you can switch between your 2 sets of monitors. I would even bet that you could set up a key command to toggle between these 2 sets of monitors. This would mean you would never have to switch drivers again. Too many odd/undesirable things can happen when switching drivers.

Is this not a working solution to what you ultimately want ???

If you are mixing in surround then I have no solution for you.

Later,
Brain

I wasn’t but I have been looking for a good way to do it so will try what you suggest. The problem here is that I can’t get ASIO4ALL to do anything with the SB, even get the audio engine to work*, let alone get sound out to the speakers.

• By this I mean that the playback cursor moves, I see MIDI Channel activity but no MIDI input in the VSTi (i.e. no red light) nor any activity in any Audio Channel.

In answer to your question, I’m mixing in stereo.

Thanks for the answer,
C

Just had this back from Creative - a list of cards that support ASIO 2.0 and guess what…