AsioGuard Cause dropout on Clip gain increment/decrement

AsioGuard Cause dropout on Clip gain increment/decrement,

AsioGuard off does works ok , when it’s on … Dropouts occur while using Increment/decrement event volume…

Hi.

Can you please add your system parameters to your signature. It will really help the people who are trying to help you to diagnose what’s happening. Lots of these things are either Os or system-specific . Thanks.

Hey ! Done !

Thanks.

1. Is dropout only while changing the gain?
  2. Is realtime pitch change or time stretch being used on the event?
  3. How many tracks on the project?
  4. How heavy is the use on your VST performance meter?
  5. Was it happening before upgrading to 8.3?

Thanks.

1. Is dropout only while changing the gain?
  2. Is realtime pitch change or time stretch being used on the event?
  3. How many tracks on the project?
  4. How heavy is the use on your VST performance meter?
  5. Was it happening before upgrading to 8.3?
  1. Yes
  2. no
  3. 50 tracks, with 4-6 that have events playing at the same time
  4. VST Meter @ 75% But using 6 cores and the Windows Cores meters runs mostly below 50%
  5. Did not happen …

I use 4096 buffer size, so process run smoother…

Okay unless you are using massive plugins your system is working way too hard for the session you are running. Your computer should be able to handle that without getting anywhere near 50%. I suspect there is an issue with your audio device or else there is some other issue with your system. I’m also running RME only in my case it’s MADI. On my system with 200 tracks playing most of the time together and a couple of hundred plugins total I wouldn’t be past 25% on my Windows Performance meter and probably about 30 to 35% of my VST Performance meter. With only 50 tracks and not all playing at the same time your system should not be anywhere near the load you’re experiencing and you should never have to use 4096 buffer.

A quick follow-up to my post above. Everything I was quoting on my system would be at 128 sample buffer though I could still run the same session at 64 sample buffer with a bit higher loads. There is definitely a problem with your system whether it’s drivers or Hardware. Wish I could give you more help but that will need to get sorted and then your problem with dropouts while changing event gain should go away. And you should have a lot more fun I would think.

Thanx Lify ! :wink: I’ll look into it !

It might be helpful to try another DAW on your system and see if you get similar results. An install of Reaper or a trial version of Studio 1 or Ableton with a similar load of tracks and plugins as a test/comparison. That would tell you if the issue is system wide or specific to your install of Nuendo. Even a trial install of Cubase 9.5 might be helpful, though I would research these forums for any possible issues that could cause with Nuendo. Wouldn’t expect so, but MediaBay and other “exotic” features might be affected. Not sure about that.