Audio 9 - 19ms late in exported files.

There are certain plugins that will cause this to happen. (I think it’s because they create so much latency that Cubase cannot properly deal with it using PDC).

One example is iZotope Ozone. Some of the Waves plugins have this issue as well, like the L3 multimaximiser.

Yes it would be nice if this issue didn’t exist but to be fair, I’ve only seen this with one or two plugins. PDC works perfectly for 99% of the plugs I’ve used.

By the way, from memory, the delay with Ozone can vary depending on the settings you use. e.g. the various modes on the maximiser will cause different delays.

The plugin I supposed to report the latency to Cubase afaik, if it reports the wrong latency the problem is with the plugin not Cubase. Just a thought.

By the way, from memory, the delay with Ozone can vary depending on the settings you use. e.g. the various modes on the maximiser will cause different delays.

Cycling the power switch on the plugin will hopefully correct the timing in this case…Though I haven’t got Ozone to test specifically other plugs do work this way.

Yes but from my understanding, there are a few plugins that create such high latency that it’s above the limit of what Cubase is designed to handle. So technically it’s not that they report the latency incorrectly, just that the latency they do report is so big that it cannot be handled.

That doesn’t work in this case. As per my previous post, it seems that the latency created by Ozone is just too big to be handled by Cubase PDC (and possibly the same in other DAWs. I’m not sure)

UPDATE:

Just did a quick test… New project… added a kick drum to an audio channel with Ozone and L3 Multimaximiser, routed through a group, also with L3 and Ozone and then an additional L3 and Ozone on the Stereo Out, so that’s a chain of 6 plugins. Bounce the session and the result is perfectly in time.

That’s not what I expected because from memory I did some tests a long time ago and found that Ozone and L3 caused things to be delayed. Maybe it only happens under certain circumstances e.g. in a very busy project. I’m not sure, but seems like it would need further testing to find out exactly what’s going on here.