Audio / Audio Streaming Settings Problems

Ever since I upgraded my audio card, Wavelab has been misbehaving. Maybe I was better off with Microsoft Sound Mapper? :wink:

I experience some stuttering during playback (mainly in montages), as well as no audio at all (I hit the space bar to start playback and nothing happens). Iā€™ve also had stuttering audio and then Wavelab freezes, forcing me to end the program in Task Manager. :confused:

In another thread, it was suggested that I open up Audio Streaming Settings > ASIO Control Panel and increase the latency. So I set it to Bit depth 16-bit, latency to 50 MS. (What exactly does this mean? Which settings are best here?)

Now, when I go to change settings, the ASIO Control Panel is greyed out and I canā€™t adjust anything. And then, when I hit ā€œrefreshā€ on Audio Streaming Settings, Wavelab freezes and doesnā€™t recover.

the ASIO Control Panel is greyed out

Please show a picture.

Hmmmā€¦ Now I can access those settings, but usually the ASIO control panel options are greyed out (ie: I canā€™t click on the menus to make changes).

Still no luck - in fact, Wavelab is getting worse with stuttering audio and freezing up. I tried uninstalling the Auzentech drivers and reinstalling them, but it didnā€™t work. Anyone have an idea? :confused:

Whatā€™ s your computer hardware?

I really donā€™t think my system is the problem, as I wasnā€™t having any of these problems before I installed the new Auzentech audio card.

I seem to have finally solved my playback problem! If I choose Windows MME for my playback option in Audio Streaming Settings, everything sounds fine, no skipping or stuttering, and I can also switch to audio in different programs. So, Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that C-Media Oxygen and Wavelab just donā€™t get along. :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps a more likely explanation is that the C-Media Oxygen ASIO drivers leave a little to be desired.

A superficial google search reveals that you are not alone and that there are reported problems with Audit*on and other DAWs.