Audio automatically in parts

To the Developers of Cubase,

What I would like to see in Cubase is the re-instatement of AUDIO BEING ABLE TO BE RECORDED INTO PARTS.

Back in VST 32, Audio could be recorded into parts while it was being recorded. This had huge benefits for recording multiple takes. Let me explain. In recording a strip of audio, the part was created. Double click on the part, fix one phrase by recording while the part is open. Nudge the new audio, either way to get it perfectly adjusted, then close the part.

Move the part left or right, ALL OF THE AUDIO GOES WITH THE MOVED PART, instead of having to depend on LANES as it is now. And, if you convert lanes into parts, then find there is one little breath in the wrong spot, or one little error that needs to be repaired, the process of dissolving the part has to be applied, then the errors corrected and the audio once again has to be made into a part.

All I am asking for here is that the Audio be allowed to be recorded automatically in parts, just like midi data. There is no midi data recorded anywhere in the program, unless it automatically is placed into a part. This is true for drum tracks as well.

AUDIO PARTS SHOULD BE HANDLED THE SAME WAY AS MIDI PARTS, JUST LIKE IT USED TO BE.
Audio now is awkward and cumbersome. Take it back to the part system of audio, like it was in VST 32.

Please, please consider at least offering us a preference to RECORD AUDIO TO PARTS, as it once was in VST 32.

Rich Wallen
Portage, IN 46368
rich@richwallen.com