Audio CD Report and Cue-Sheets

Hello!
One minor observation in wavelab 7.2: If I create an Audio-CD via CD-Wizard, the ‘Generate Audio CD report’ - item is not available (greyed-out). I have to save the montage first and then reopen it to get things going.

One question: Is there a way to create cue-sheets which contain the names of the clips in the montage? Probably I missed something in the preference-dialogue?

Thanks in advance!

Oliver

Happens here too. You beat me to the post…

I’m not at my Wavelab pc, but I think it’s in the clips section menus “Export clip list as text” ? or something…

Best

Hi zoundman,

thanks for responding. No… What I meant is if render a montage with ‘Create CD image and cue-sheet’ ticked, the resulting cue-sheet doesn’t contain any clip-name information.

So: If I reimport this cue-sheet in Wavelab via ‘File > Import > Audio CD Cue file…’ all Clip names are gone…The clips
are now named ‘Track 01, Track 02…’

But: If I import a cue-sheet created, for example, with Exact Audio Copy, the clips get named properly, according to the EAC cue-sheet.

It seems that in this case, Wavelab is able to interpret ‘foreign’ Cue-Sheets correctly! So it would be great to have clip informations also in Wavelab’s cue-sheets…

Thanks

Oliver

If you create CDText, this will be written to the cuesheet, I imagine (I’ve not tried this). Bear in mind that the cue sheet is a set of instructions how to burn the image file that it belongs with, and this is a single file which no longer has “clips” - so there is no way for clip names to be included.

Paul

Is there a way to create cue-sheets which contain the names of the clips in the montage? Probably I missed something in the preference-dialogue?

Did you try that?
2011-12-19_08-21-39.png

One minor observation in wavelab 7.2: If I create an Audio-CD via CD-Wizard, the ‘Generate Audio CD report’ - item is not available (greyed-out). I have to save the montage first and then reopen it to get things going.

Small bug, right. The function is only activated if the montage has CD markers when opening it. Another workaround is to switch to another montage, and back to the edited montage.

Did you try that?

2011-12-19_08-21-39.png

Philippe, I always have this option activated, so my CD-Markers get named properly, but not the resulting cue-sheet…

If you create CDText, this will be written to the cuesheet

Paul, this is exactly what I was looking for!

I didn’t know that CD-Text (which I never use) has influence on the creation of cue-sheets! This is such a great option for me to create cue-sheets exactly the way I want!

Another big plus for Wavelab :smiley:

Thank you all for the help!