Audio connection change causes crash

Hi, using cubase12 on windows 10 if i go in to adjust any audio connections, ie adding output busses, it just freezes/crashes. The crash dump file is always 0kb. Does anyone have any idea what to check to try and fix this?
thanks

Hi,

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 12:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase12

Nuendo 12:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo12

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

1 Like

Hi Martin, thankyou for your help. I have managed to complete up to number 4 of your instructions, when i try number 5 i am getting invalid as a response. I know cmd messages have to be perfect, maybe i’m inputting the command incorrectly.
As i understand you after number 4 i run cubase till it falters then i do number 5. At this point my cubase will have crashed so then on your number 6, cubase for me will have already run and crashed. I’m not too familiar with command prompts so i probably need quite precise instructions.
thanks

Number 4 IS running cubase.

• Then you open a command prompt (I would suggest running as administrator option)

• Once cmd is open type on it the following:

• Now go into Cubase and make what causes your crash. When it crashes the procdump will make a crash log.

• Share this generated crash log here in a post

Hi Martin, i have removed a few presets from my audio connections and am now having less crashes when changing preset. When i type in “procdump64-e-h-t Cubase12” it is not accepted, i have uploaded photo of screen(first image), i have also uploaded aphoto of the files extracted from microsoft(second image). Is there a folder where i could delete all the presets for audio connections while cubase is not running, so i can start with new presets? I dont know why the command prompt action is rejected, maybe you can spot what i’m doing wrong.

looks like you have not added spaces, you could just copy and paste the command from above, either that or add the spaces.

procdump64(space)-e(space)-h(space)-t(Space)Cubase12
If that makes sense.

1 Like

You typed in the wrong thing. You need spaces between the command and the arguments.

Edit: Bunny man beat me to it!

1 Like

OK, thankyou for that, i will try again.

Here is the dump file for crash when calling up presets in audio connections

hopefully this will indicate what is wrong
thanks

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Hi,

The crash is in Ssasio:

ntdll!NtWaitForSingleObject+0x14
KERNELBASE!WaitForSingleObjectEx+0x8e
Ssasio64+0x5b01
0x149c6510
0x1

It sounds like it’s probably related to your ASIO Driver. What Audio Device do you use? I would recommend downloading the latest driver and installing it as administrator.

Hi, thanks for the quick report back, i use an ssl madi-ax connected via madi to an ssl mx4. I will do as you say and download the latest driver(which i think i already have installed, but i suppose it could be corrupted). Is it best to uninstall the current driver then reinstall or just reinstall over the top of the old one?
thanks

Hi,

Yes, I would uninstall the driver first. Please, make sure, you install the driver as the administrator. You can also ask the SSL Madi-Ax vendor for the support.