Audio connections - save existing

If you bring up an existing audio connection preset for any of the tabs, make a change and save it, the only way I know to do it is to click the + button and then type in the exact same name. If you’re off by so much as a single character, you end up creating another version. The next time you want to call up a preset from the list, you now have two very similarly named entries and thus need to play the guessing game to figure out which one to delete.

Above and beyond just making a typo, the moment you make a change to the existing connections, the preset dropdown blanks out so you don’t even have a reference to how you named it.

I could swear I once learned a way to just “save existing connection preset” but I can’t find anything in the 9.5 manual. Anyone know what the equivalent of Ctrl-S, i.e. “just save the darned thing” is?

Also, while I’m at it, is there any way to sort these entries so that they appear in the lists in alphabetical order?

Hi,

I’m afraid there is not “Save” function.

Thanks, Martin.

I guess this wouldn’t be the first time I was caught hallucinating. :slight_smile:

By the way, does anyone know if there’s a way to sort these entries so that they appear in the lists in alphabetical order instead of the order they were created in?

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way. This is very simple/poor dialog, just save or load.

Thanks, man.