Audio cutting out

Trying to set up Cubase 5.5 for use in a live show. Just updated my Lenovo G460 with an i5 520 2.40 Ghz processor and 8 gigs of Crucial DDR3 ram. Also upgraded to a Western Digital Black Scorpio 500gb 7200 RPM hard drive. Before I upgraded my CPU and RAM, I was having issues playing a soft synth solo, where it’d choke when I had too many synth voices going at once, which is a big reason why I upgraded. During other songs where I wasn’t playing a soft synth, it rarely cut out, but now that I upgraded, I can play the solo just fine, but now and then, when I’m not even playing a soft synth, it now cuts out. The Asio level maxes out, but the Disk level never shows a blip at all. Anyone know what’s going on? Thanks in advance.

With ASIO levels maxing out and cutting audio, some info on used audio interface / driver / buffer might come in handy, don´t you think…? The rest of your “system info” in your signature does no longer seem to be valid either…

Oh, duh, I knew I left something out. I’m still using that set up on my pc, but this is my lap top. I tried to change my sig, but I see no option to change it anymore.

I’m using a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 and I have the buffer @ 256. When it was higher, I could notice latency on my vocal input.

offtopic, but: You change your signature through mysteinberg.

Still can’t figure out what’s wrong.