Audio Device Setup more accesible

Hello!
I use Dorico in my Mac Laptop and sometimes I am in my studio and sometimes I am on the go. The thing is that in my studio I use a dedicated audio interface and on the go I use the integrated audio driver. However, everytime I switch I have to go to DORICO - PREFERENCES - PLAY (scroll down a lot) and Audio Device Setup to make it sound again.

Couldn’t it be faster? I mean, in Cubase it happens something similar yet you have a direct access to the equivalent to Audio Device Setup, so it is just a click.

Nothing really important and maybe very specific, but it may be worth it to improve it (and it may be easy as well).

Also, if there is already a workaround, I would be really pleased to learn it!

Thanks in advance!

It’s accessible directly through the Edit menu.
Last entry. Hope it helps!

2 Likes

Wow! It sure helps :rofl:
Thank you very much!!!

1 Like

You can use the Jump bar pressing J and Write “Audio device setup”.

1 Like

Is there any way to have Dorico recognise new audio devices connect to a MacBook without closing the program? Logic has no issues at all with this but Dorico has a lot of problems.

Each time I move my Macbook from standalone with build in speakers to my studio setup with an Focusrite audio interface without closing everthing this new interface is not seen by Dorico. The only way to get it to see the new interface is to save all your work, and close Dorico. However 8 out of 10 times Dorico does not want to open anymore and is stuck on “wait for audio engine initialisation”. Only a restart of the MBP solves the issue. It is very tiresome.

Hi @mavros , could you live with the workaround of using aggregated devices? Please have a look at this thread.

Ulf on Windows this could be made easier. Using the low latency driver it doesn’t have the idea of a favorite or most used interface as Windows does. For example, when a new interface is just added it stays on the old one, necessitating a menu drill down to set it up every time.

Actually I think the Windows approach is to switch to the recently added interface, assuming you added it because you want to use it, which is a pretty good approach. But Dorico sticks with whatever it last had.

Thanks Ulf, I will experiment with these aggregated devices and report if it works. I will also create devices for the several headphones I use which in most cases also require at least closing and opening Dorico to be seen in the list.

By the way I assume that the fact that Dorico actually gets stuck while opening waiting for the audio engine is actually a bug?

Hi @mavros , yes, could you please do from the menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here? Thanks

I had a lot “hangs” today and yesterday. The complete zip file is 5.5. MB too large to upload. It says Max. 4 MB.

Here the different sub-directories in the generated zip (except the Activation Manager directory which you probably do not need)
Crashes.zip (1.6 MB)
AudioEngine.zip (3.6 MB)
Dorico.zip (258.8 KB)