Audio driver error

generic ASIO drivers are installed by default by most Steinberg products - including VST connect.

Hi Bob
Just the performer has the presonus interface. I’m using X32 USB… the performer has the correct driver but as soon as he loads up VST Performer it loads the generic ASIO. We can’t use the generic ASIO as both Perf and sync lights are red and the buffer is over 500 with no other options…so even if the red lights were green there would be too much of a delay (latency lag) for the performer to record.
Both the performer and me have deleted our ini files but that made no difference.

Ok, so what if you (or he…?) temporarily uninstalls the generic ASIO driver; just leave the Presonus driver as the only driver available so there’ll be nothing to switch to…?

He’s a musician as am I, it was bad enough explaining how to delete the Ini files, as I’m also no computer/IT person. His wife is a singing teacher who uses the computer for online lessons etc…so I don’t think they would appreciate me telling them to uninstall drivers (I wouldn’t even know how or where to begin to tell them).

He bought the Presonus interface and mic to record with me during these trying times…it worked once, but has not worked since. The Bass players system also did not work with VST performer/connect for reasons also related to drivers…
if I connect to my Mac via tea the ring my mobile phone (as LAN does not work) things seem fine, but unfortunately this does not help with the project :neutral_face:

Also noticed the reverb doesn’t work? Comp, eq does but rev does nothing…

Really could do with some help/advice from developers on this issue please…

Well, sorry Andy, I’m certainly out of ideas here - I so want to read of some success from you (and that other guy with the LAN issues @alan something…). Very frustrating… Honing down where this ‘blockage’ might be, reads like you falling into some rabbit hole… :neutral_face:

Good luck.!

Bob

the FX are just for the performer - not for the studio ?

So I’m now left with a VST connect pro that doesn’t work and £128 out of pocket… :confused: And no help?

Iv tried it from the performers side, it doesn’t work, it’s not a deal breaker but just seems to be yet another feature that also doesn’t work…

Is there anyone who would be able to connect up at some point as a performer, so I can check things out at my end?

You lost me - what are you talking about?
Reverb is only on the Performer side, never sent to Studio. Reverb send defines level of reverb Performer hears. comp and eq are also only for the Performers’ listening.
Insert Fx are on the Performer end too. They can be included in the stream sent to Studio when the FX buttons in the RECORD section are enabled, else Studio gets dry signal.
The MONITOR section is only for what Performer hears (and accessible from both ends), the RECORD section defines what arrives (and is recorded) at the Studio end, record enable buttons there define which channels are to be HD recorded (PRO version only).

I setup a laptop tethered to my mobile and had performer running, I sent a mix via Connect on my studio pc - I listened to the mix via performer, EQ and comp works reverb doesn’t. That’s what I’m talking about.
Have you had ant thoughts about why Connect will not ‘connect’ regarding the driver issues?

did you increase the reverb send level on the monitor section - it’s not enough to simply enable it

manual section 4.4.1 “The Reverb is fed by the send controls of each channel in the Performer Monitor
mixer”

I did yes, to be honest I’m not bothered that the reverb doesn’t work… the main issue is that VST Connect doesn’t work (or at least for me and others)).
I have tried it with two ‘performers’ a bass player who cannot hear the mix or talkback until I deselect his drivers and then select them again… I have to do this every few mins, - I now have to record the bass myself.
A sax player who bought a Presonus FireStudio interface to record using Connect/performer… this only worked once and now it doesn’t anymore, His presonus drivers will not load when he opens performer and I am unable to select them from Connct even though they are there in the drop down select. I now have to send him the files in Dropbox, he records his sax using the interface AND drivers that I can’t access, he then sends them back via Dropbox.

This has cost me time and money… VST Connect is a great idea…but it seems far from being ready to sell…

Here, reverb is working, are these the sends you adjusted? (in the animated gif, attached?)
VSTConnectSends.gif

then latest beta even says “reverb” on it so you have zero excuse :smiley:

Wait what? Are you talking about the rotary dials or the sends?

Edit: ahah! Nice you mean the sends, which are now labeled (4.0.42.225), great.

yep - personally I think that whole monitor section is as confusing as h*ll to newbies…plus why nowhere to put FX in the return from the performer. ?

You mean so the engineer can hear the monitor reverb on the Performer side? (just trying to understand)

yes - or not just reverb. Don’t know about you but when I’m tracking vocals I record them dry (obviously) but like a bit of reverb so they sit in MY monitor mix - or maybe I want to track them monitored with a guitar amp sim…or compressor. You can’t do this because the monitor feed gets squirted straight into the control room monitor path. Just needs a plugin feed here.

Suspect they won’t/can’t do it because of the extra latency of the plugin here - and how that gets reported back to cubase so it can compensate…but it can be done :slight_smile: