Audio drop outs and spikes

I moved the usb into a usb 2 hub and that has been fine since.

i still have a major issue with audio dropping in and out, cutting off every few seconds. This is with only 1 track and a few plug-ins, i was getting songs with 70+ tracks in 9.5 heavy plug in use with zero issues.

Im using all the latest updates

Please advise situation is critical for me know as i have many jobs to finish.

Thanks

Hi, i’m having the same problem exactly. Audio Performance meter looks like a boxing match going on, pow pow, hitting red, huge audio dropouts and spikes. Been trying to figure this out for months. Same thing happens with few tracks or many. Tried what you guys were talking about, plugged the dongle into a usb 2 instead of 3, but this doesn’t help. Sometimes its not a problem, other times when i open a song session, its un-playable because of the spikes and dropouts. Please advise, thank you!

Hi,

If you are on Windows, first test your system by using LatencyMon utility, please.

I think i just fixed this! Going to studio setup, and clicking on “asio guard”, setting it to ‘normal’, and also clicking on ‘Activate Steinberg Audio Power Scheme’, and that seems to fix everything. Not sure why all this was set up the wrong way? But all seems fine now!

Sounds like you are on windows, no option in mac for ‘Activate Steinberg Audio Power Scheme’, that im aware of.

Turn off Combine Selection Tools!

Reinstalling the video card in another slot may also help.