Audio Dropout When Using Steinberg USB Driver - Occurs in Cubase, iTunes and Media Player

All:

I am getting seemingly random, but relatively frequent (a couple of times an hour) audio dropouts. This occurs using Cubase 11 Pro (playback and recording), iTunes, Windows Media Player and I think even once playing a YouTube videos. I have tried multiple versions of the USB driver and they all have the same problem. I used to have this problem about a year ago and updated to the newest Driver at the time (ver 2.1.1) and it went away. It may have started again after I upgraded to Windows 11, or possibly after one of the standard Microsoft updates, but I can’t be sure. I have tried every version of the USB drive available to no avail. I have used Task Manager to monitor CPU, memory, etc. usage and looked at the Event Logs and nothing pops out.

I am running a Windows 11 HP Desktop with a Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz and 16GB of memory. The following are background processes (this is a multipurpose computer so disabling these is not a very viable option (I have stopped Carbonite and OneDrive updates during Cubase use and the problem still occurs).:

• Microsoft OneDrive
  • Carbonite Backup
  • Dropbox
    = Wireless off, wired connection to Internet
  • Norton Antivirus

Anyone with suggestions please chime in. I realize that this is a tough one to diagnose, particularly from afar, but suggestions will be accepted!

1 Like