Audio Dropouts when inserting an instrument or effect

Hi,

Old Cubase user who left for many years, but has rejoined because of the great current offer…

I would like to ask for some help if there is a way to fix this. I am experiencing dropouts with Cubase 10 when inserting instruments, or effects for that matter. Something that doesn’t happen with other DAWs I am familiar with, like Logic, Live and Studio One. Is there anything I can do to remedy this?As a test, I had tried to disable ASIO Guard at some point to see if it makes a difference, but it didn’t. I made a lo-fi video to better explain what I am talking about. If there is any way I could solve the dropout when inserting soft synths or effects into a track, I’d appreciate it.

Here’s the link to the YouTube video I made to show the issue: Cubase Dropout - YouTube

Thanks in advance,
Ken

New user here too. I’m getting similar things when inserting/opening instruments and effects and when punching in and out. I’m on Windows 10 and using a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 interface. I also experience problems with EZDrummer playback stopping when hiding MixConsole channels.

I’m sorry to say that I’m not impressed so far. I’ve come from Reaper and also Reason but recently demoed S1 and Ableton Live and everything works as expected there straight out of the box.