Audio dropouts when plugin window open (Waves, Softube...)

I set up a new PC from scratch with Windows 10 and Cubase 8.0.4. Now I am having this issue: Whenever I open plugins from specific manufacturers (can confirm Waves and Softube so far) and I move the mouse pointer over a knob or fader, the mouse pointer starts to flicker. It very quickly and constantly changes shape between the normal pointer shape and a double sided arrow. When it does that, playback starts to stutter.

This clearly is not related to system load, as it happens with all buffer settings and both the peak and average VST load are near zero.

It happens with all plugins of these two manufacturers that I own, and it never happens with any other plugins.

Not sure if it is a graphics driver issue. The latest graphics drivers for my CPU (i7 4790K) were installed automatically during Windows setup.

It now seems to me that the issue is only present in Cubase 7.5 projects opened with Cubase 8. I only recently updated to Cubase 8 and was only working with projects created with Cubase 7.5.

In projects created with Cubase 8, I do get the same flickering mouse pointer with Waves and Softube plugins but there are no audio dropouts. But what’s with the mouse pointer? It seems like a minor bug but a bug nevertheless.

I know it’s been ages, but I’m having exactly the same problem. Have you found a solution to this?

I’ve not seen this reported in Cubase 9.5 or any recent version.

So it’s a bug in Cubase 8.5?

Edit: Nevermind, I found a solution, or at least some kind of workaround! After hours of searching on countless forums I found that activating the mouse trail and switching to the Inverted Scheme in the Mouse-Options of Windows stops the flickering. It looks a bit fuzzy, but at least I get no Audio Dropouts anymore. Maybe I’ll find a better solution in the future, but for now this has to do the job!