Audio Engine Failing/Real Time Peak

Okay while tracking a simple project my audio began to distort. I changed my buffer size, activated ASIO guard, multiprocessing, power scheme and so on. I’m running Windows 7 64bit, AMD FX 8 core processor, 16GB DDR3, and using a Mackie Onyx 1640i firewire mixer. I have my computer optimized to run a DAW, and my drivers are all up to date. I can load the exact same projects on 6.5 and track with no issue, but can not in 8. I’ve reached out to support but we really couldn’t come up with a solution. None of these errors started occurring until I update to 8.0.40. If anyone cares to listen I’ll post a clip right here —> http://www.mediafire.com/download/74ilidrr5jdcp35/Audio+Error.mp3. Addition information 44.1, 24 bit, buffer 256. Anything will help thanks.

Jacob