Audio Engine Inactive

Hi there.

In v10.0.20, I create a MIDI track with no instrument attached. I press Start and the cursor moves instantly. If I click on the MIDI track and immediately press Start, the cursor waits at least one second before starting. This does not happen in the v9.5.21 on the same PC. :frowning:

If I assign a EZDrummer instance to the MIDI track, click on the track, EZD shows a message ā€œAudio Engine Inactive. Check you audio engineā€ for one second or two. :exclamation:

Any suggestion ?

Thanks !

Just a thoughtā€¦
Using a Instrument track (not midi track) with a VSTi (like EZD) should work better.

Regards. :sunglasses:

The message from EZD is the same with a Instrument Track. Also, the lag is noticeable even with only an empty MIDI track.
Thanks.

Iā€™m seeing really weird behaviour as well with EzDrummer 2 and Cubase 10 and getting the same ā€œaudio engine inactiveā€ message but for different reasonsā€¦

If Iā€™m playing a loop within EZD2 and go to use almost any functions within Cubase (e.g. select an audio insert), playback within EZD2 stops and the ā€œaudio engine inactiveā€ message flickers before in the EZD2 GUI. I canā€™t recreate the error in Ableton where EZD2 works fine. Iā€™ve reached out to Toontrack support as well, but no luck finding a solution yet.