Audio export frustrations

Can’t believe this is still an issue after all these years and it seems to have got worse, if anything. Please, Steinberg, I’m begging you to sort this out. The current implementation is unmentionably poor, amateurish, and probably annoys me more than all the other niggles put together. Apart from all the multitude of other posts on the subject going back years, I would like to highlight:

• It’s not just mp3 that uses tags, so does FLAC but in this case they don’t get written and there’s not even an option to set them up.

• We need to be able to include artwork.

• I don’t use score but surely putting lyrics here makes sense then you can use the same source for tags and score.

• Can the export folder default to the project name and folder. At the moment it’s defaulting to two different projects (neither of them the one that’s open).

• You can no longer add your own genre categories.

• And for the love of all that’s holy, put it at project level, where it always belonged.

Cheers,
C

I agree that this should be implemented. I use FLAC a lot as an export format.

In the meantime, as a workaround, I suggest using an external ID3 tag editor for whatever you export. Solid solutions are “Mp3tag” on Windows and “Tagr” on Mac.

Responding by email, let’s see how this works.

Thanks for your support and the workaround suggestion. I already use mp3tag (think I even paid for it), it’s a bit of a lifesaver in the circumstances, but of course it does nothing to help with the other export options which should imo be stored at project level too.

Steinberg always manage to give one a reason to check out the opposition, don’t they?