audio export prob - exports previously deleted parts

Hi,

I have a project that I am severely re-working. Before I tackle the strings and winds I want to create rehearsal mp3’s for the singers.

1 - This project is in 3 parts (flows) I saved as project temp name and deleted flows 2 & 3.
2 - I tried various ways to mute the strings and winds but the mp3 export still contains all of the old parts.
3 - I deleted all of those players in the setup section. the newly exported mp3 still contains all of the old parts.
4 - I unloaded all the superfluous parts halion sonic. the newly exported mp3 still contains all of the old parts.
5 - I did a cold reboot of my macbook and unloaded halion sonic, then reloaded and assigned insts.
the newly exported mp3 still contains all of the old parts.
6 - I upgraded from Dorico 2.20 to current v. the newly exported mp3 still contains all of the old parts.
7 - I tried exporting as a wave, the wave is correct. I then tried re-exporting the mp3, same problem.
8 - half-way through this process I made sure to delete the old mp3’s before retrying.
9 - I selected play->Playback Template->silence. same problem
10 - without reloading the template i tried exporting all parts as sep files. It created several mp3’s with the proper names, but each file is still the dreadful mix of old and new.

I tried to attach the project but after following daniel’s instructions on the sticky page, it’s still apparently too large. 706.9kb. after compressing it is still 700.9kb. This might be a clue.

Thanks for your incredible work!

You should be able to attach files up to 2MB in size. Try zipping it up and attaching it again.

as requested
A Lament for Ash Wednesday - temp part 1.dorico.zip (684 KB)

Your project exports to MP3 exactly as expected. I think there must be a problem with the existing MP3 files not being overwritten for some reason. Is it possible that you have the MP3 file open in another application, so Dorico can’t overwrite it?

Holy cow! I noticed it plays back in itunes. That’s gotta be it.
thankyou thankyou thankyou