Audio file NEVER opens at the "Event"

WHY O WHY in my Cubase 8.5 pro when I click on an Audio file and the Audio file window opens it is NEVER AT THE RIGHT PLACE which is between the START and END of the EVENT which I have already set ???
This is so ridiculous
My options seem to be:

• Scroll - why would anyone ever use that ?
  • Scroll halted when editing - again why ?
  • Not Scroll - this is what I call normal but it always opens at the Start of the Audio file never at the start of the “event”
    I can get what I want when the project is not playing, when on scroll then it finally opens at the right place ie. between the start and end of event but of course this does not work when trying to edit during playback, it scrolls all over the place but do I have to stop playback just to get to the right place ?
    WHAT AM I MISSING ?
    THIS IS SO DUMB I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG OR HAVE A WRONG SETTING SOMEWHERE ???
    FFS I just want my old WIN 2000 PC back with Logic 5.5

Hi,

Do you expect, that the Sample Editor opens dynamically based on the position, where do you (double-)click to the event? Or what is your expectation, please?

The Sample Editor always opens completely Zoomed Out.

HI Martin
Yes I expect the Audio window to open showing the EXACT Audio between the Start and End positions which I have set. Not the whole Audio file and not the beginning of the whole file
The Audio is sometimes Zoomed out as you say but sometimes zooms in on the beginning of the Audio whether it is inside the EVENT or not. And if set to scroll it is zoomed in and flying past like complete nonsense !
Cheers for any help