Audio files showing in Media bay but not in Media Rack

Hi,
I really want to start working with Media bay, I can see my own imported audio samples in Media bay as well as Cubase’s audio samples (ex Hip Hop Vault) but none of the audio files appear in the Media rack on the right side of the project window
I made sure I checked audio files in show media type yet nothing…

What’s wrong ?

Thank you

Hi,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Hi Martin,

The audio files do appear when started in safe mode
What to do next ?

Thank you

Hi,

Then I would recommend to backup and trash Cubase preferences.

I am having the same issue since Cubase 10, and now in Cubase 11.
Some folders will not show their content in the right-zone (media tab) but are there in Media Bay and on my hard drive.

Would be AMAZING if this issue could be resolved. I tried safe mode with disabled preferences and opened a completely empty project. Still having the problem.

Hi everybody,
I’m having the same issue…

But if I backup the preferences and reinstall them after trashing wouldn’t I get the same issue again?
Thank you

I tried the safe mode too but with no results.

One more question: should a favourite folder show subfolders and relative files too?

Hi,

If the issue was in the preferences, then yes, it would come back, if you would put the preferences back.

Do you have older Cubase installed? Could you try to backup and delete even these olde Cubase preferences folders, please?

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

Hi Martin,
I cancelled the all preferences folders (I had C 10.5 still installed but I found out I had C 7.5 too even if I unistalled the program) and everything was ok so I tried to put my original C 11 folder and all is ok in the main file browser tab (right zone) but in the favourite tab a folder still doesn’t show subfolders while it would be great to see them…
Thank you very much!
Arturo

Hi,

They are visible here on my side. It must be something…

…maybe with the preferences? :roll_eyes: :grinning:
I’ll try the workaround once again and I’ll let you know

I’ve got it! In the Media Bay main windows and In the File Browser in the right zone I can see “the Folder”, let’s say “Elettronica”, with his single files contents, plusthe subfolders and their contents, while in the Favourite Tab in the Right Zone I can see “The Folder” plus Subfolders contents all in single view… Hope I made myself clear…