Audio freezing on some channels

Generally, when I finish tuning a voice and consolidate it, when I increase the volume, cut or fade in and fade out, the audio freezes and after 2 seconds it returns to normal.
This does not occur on all channels, but on some of them.
Does anyone have this type of problem?
Thanks!

Hi,

Could you try to increase the Buffer Size of your Audio Device, please?

Hello!
Already did that.
The problem only occurs in Cubase 13, in 12 it is ok.
Thanks.

I am sending the DMP of the last error.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OjEe9ffBjMDUVZp4vmECCejShPnZsoUr?usp=sharing

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @danilogustavo ,
I’ve got some more questions:

• when you say “consolidate”, do you mean, you make “direct offline processing” permanent? Or do refer to render/ export of the file? Or something else?
  • The dumps show two different crashes of Cubase, where Cubase will cease work until a restart - but you reported an audio freeze, which lasts 2 sec and then Cubase continues… are the two dumps directly connected to the described freezes?
  • last :slight_smile: : “the audio freezes” means, the sound is interrupted for 2 seconds, and then returns? And what does the UI do in that time?
    Thanks for clarifying!
    Cheers
    Chriss

Hello!
I’m sending you the link where there’s another error file on today’s date 05/08.
The error happened when I went to render the audio after tuning a voice.
About the two seconds that it freezes, Cubase stays in slow motion, looking like it’s freezing, but it doesn’t actually close the program.
Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1OjEe9ffBjMDUVZp4vmECCejShPnZsoUr

1 Like

Hi @danilogustavo , thanks for the dumps.
Do you still experience these freezes/ crashes after the recent update to C13.0.40?

Hello!
Thanks for the feedback.
I updated, but the error still persists.
In fact, I was tuning a voice using Melodyne and Cubase crashed and closed.
Also sometimes when I commit a tuning made in Melodyne, the icon on the track still remains and the audio is not committed.
Thanks!

Hi @danilogustavo ,
thanks for the information that the update didn’t solve your issue.
I’m getting back to the questions I asked you on May 2nd:

Could you clarify, whether the original issue was Cubase crashing (closing), or freezing (becoming unresponsive)? I need this information to be able to understand the dumps you submitted.
Thank you!