Audio Glitches in CBP pro

I’m experiencing intermittent audio glitches,that sound like they are very short hi pitched burst,and I’m at a loss as to what might be causing it.
Now this is a very open question,but I’m running Windows 10 pro,I’ve optimized my system,for audio,by following Avid Knowledge base information,I’m using a Antelope Audio Orion 32 with a RME madiface usb.( all the most recent drivers from RME)
I’m a complete newbie to Windows but I feel very comfortable now at getting around on it,I just don’t have the experience as to what to look for.
Generally speaking my system is fine except for these weird audio burst,and the processor are not getting taxed,my buffer setting is 525, running very little Vi’s or plug ins. This system was built new and I installed Windows Pro 10 on a new SSD Samsung Drive, below are my hardware specs,I know this could be perhaps a lot of little things,but if any one has any idea’s as to what I might look at or try would be appreciated.
I’m using Asio Guard in Cubase,and I’ve tried various settings with the same results
System Details
Intel Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5 GHz Processor
ASUS X99-PRO/USB 3.1 Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC Graphics Card
Crucial Ballistix Sport 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4 PC4-19200 Memory Module
Corsair RM850 Power Supply Unit
Corsair CW-9060021-WW Hydro Series H100i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Samsung 512GB 850 PRO Series SATA 2.5" SSD
Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Full Tower ATX Case
Windows 10 Pro
Avid PT HD 11.3.2
Cubase Pro 8.0.30

Your system is clearly professional it’s unfortunate this is happening I just spent last two months reconciling BSOD as well as trying 2 asus motherboard i7 haswell pcs and they didn’t work well with multiple USB ports I kept getting error messages that exceeded usb device limitations so I sent them back and ended up with an i7 system in my specs.

Now to your issue I solved glitches and BSOD by reverting back to 8.10 , and most importatantky delete the Cubase 8 folder in the c users app data path and reboot , then open Cubase it will rebuild that folder, this solved all of my issues.

I am running the new motu 24ai with 20 Chanel’s of stereo in between my analog gear and slave PC , at 512 latency and it’s working well now.

sounds like a demo or expired demo plugin

cheers

@tlockett

I have been running Cubase with hardly any problems for over 20 years. Recently I rebuilt my PC and fitted an Intel Core i7-5820K and the same motherboard as you have (ASUS X99-PRO/USB 3.1). I run Windows 7 64 bit and experience cpu spikes (even with very few plugins) and crashes. I have tried many things but Cubase remains very unstable. Out of curiosity I googled my type of motherboard in combination with Cubase. That way I came across this thread. Just a thought: could there be some kind of incompatibility between this MoBo and Cubase?

This is probably one of the best guides to optimising a Windows machine, pay special attention to the hard drive and USB tips…then be sure to make the bios changes in the Steinberg knowledge base.

Good luck!

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/mac-pc-optimization/