Audio input problem

When I record a piece of audio and then record another piece over the same region, I hear the piece below as well as the audio input. When I stop recording I can see the top region as well as bottom region. When I play it back I hear both regions at once… I’m at a loss on what to try next

I don’t get your problem. Can you make a screenshot of your project\tracks\recorded part?

Press Print Screen and than open MS Paint and press Ctrl+V. Than crop the image to a desired area and send here.

Hi Nashbash,

This is intended behaviour in Cubasis as of yet.
Regions are recorded to seperate parts that can easily moved to other tracks or positions, if required.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

So are you saying every overdub needs a new track or you hear them all at once from the original track. Why not do lanes and have you hear just that last recorded thing

Hi Nashbash,

As of yet, overdubs are recorded as seperate events and played back along with previous recorded events.
You’re able to move these to a different track or position in the timeline with a simple tap.

Best,
Lars

Nashbash

I think what you are looking for is “punch in” recording (which replaces exiting audio) and I don’t think Cubasis supports this, only overdub recording. Lars, please correct me if I am wrong.

If you’re looking to replace a botched section of a recording, you will need to do this manually - using the split tool and remove the offending area.