Audio Interface causing Cubase to lag nonstop?

Hi I’m new to recording and working with recording software and hardware. I was getting my UR22C interface and microphone set up today in Cubase and attempted to choose the device from the VST Audio System dropdown menu. After I confirmed the driver switch, the application began lagging nonstop and the rainbow loading icon would pop up every few seconds, making the application unusable. Would it be a problem of the software? Or perhaps my computer specs aren’t up to par enough to handle Cubase and the interface? Please help! :smiley:

I’m using a 2017 13’ Macbook Pro, Version 10.13.4

Thanks!

Hi and welcome,

If you run Cubase 10.5, then I would need t say, Cubase 10.5 is not officially compatible with macOS 10.13. Just for the record… But, lots of users are still on macOS 10.13 (including me).

Your Mac spec is totally fine for Cubase.

Make sure you have the latest UR22C driver installed, please. If you have any 3rd party plug-in installed, make sure, they are up to date, please.

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Could you try to open Activity Monitor and observe if there is any process, which appears regularly when the rainbow spin appears?