audio interface

At least update your drivers for the scarlet to the latest ones!

Oh dear

Anyway enjoy your mac and getting back to the music…and to quote grounds keeper Willy of the simpsons

You’ll be back

i knew there would be haters. just cause your stuck with what you got, don’t try to rain on this parade. the funny part is a pc with 16GHz of RAM can’t keep up with 4GHZ on a MAC. the iMAC only holds 4GHz. more than enough to run a DAW. i tried 20 different things to eliminate latency on the pc to no avail. i turn on the MAC and it doesn’t have any latency at all, period. everything is just easier. i can run ten windows with ten different songs, and it works perfect. you try to run more than one thing on pc , especially in cubase…uh oh stuff starts to slow way down and then wait for it…CRASH . :laughing:

theres no "mentality ". facts are facts. the last time i used a mac was 15 years ago for school doing computer animation. never had a problem then. 15 years later, still leading the industry. i suffered along time with pc’s. their inability to perform at a high level with EASE, is what prompted me to run away from it. the ONLY reason anybody would use a pc for anything besides word processing ( why the pc was invented), is because they can’t afford a MAC. FACT.

have fun makin music on your typewriter! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ill quit writing and recording music before i ever attempt it on a pc again.
nice heads up on the focusrite andyath…that little box is BADA$$

No probs bud

Said it before n I’ll say it again I love my pro 40 :smiley:

Dont burn your bridges though dude their are some brilliant minds on here that are keen to help each other out
Glad you got sorted out

Peace

Really? I have both Mac and PC. Every day I get out of my bed I can make a decision which one to use for audio work. Guess which one I choose.

WOW! You have 16 000 000 000 times / second RAM! Last time I was shopping for RAM their cycle times were nowhere close to that one. Where did you get yours? From a secret North Korean laboratory?

Double-WOW! I’ve never heard of any digital audio equipment with no latency at all! And Triple-WOW, if you’ve found a software-based one! This can’t even be any secret North Korean thing. It must be a quantum relativity black hole alien thing.

And fiction is fiction.

I make my music with my guitars, basses, drums, keyboards and my voice, thank you. Don’t need a typewriter … though I have my old Olivetti 32 mechanical typewriter somewhere … I think.

scab pickins started it and i was immature enough to stoop. people get excited when u dislike pc man. sorry, just happy everything works and I’m not frustrated anymore. then someone has to get smart, and try and bring me down. whatever tho

there are a lot of brilliant minds on this forum for sure. most of the stuff involving DAW and its components and how they work, i learned here.

like i said , thanks to everybody for helping me figure this stuff out. and for listening to me rant.

ps. the steinberg forum is not user friendly. must have been coded by a windows guy. haha

later

to the last post…ur a douche bag. stupid computer nerd. leave ur moms basement every once and a while. get some sun. go back to being a loser with no talent.

also jarno, everything you told me to do , didn’t work. ur reply was mostly “read the manual”. if the manual made any sense at all, i wouldn’t be on this forum. now would i. go back to leaving bad advice. leave me alone

Excuse me! Let’s start with “what I’ve told you”. You have been writing on 2 topics in Steinberg forums:
1: midi note input !!!!!!!!!! - Cubase - Steinberg Forums
In that topic, I told you:
1.1: Please contact Steinberg support, if you have problems on posting to appropriate forum.
2: This topic, where we are discussing right now : I pointed out some factual errors in your post:
2.1: about into “what ‘we’ have stuck” … proved your point wrong by telling I’m not stuck anywhere, but chosen to be somewhere
2.2: about your comment about RAM: I made a tongue-on-cheek comment on your complete misunderstanding about computer technology
2.3: about your comment on latency: Made another tongue-on-cheek comment on your even more complete misunderstanding about digital audio
2.4: made summary by telling your “facts” are not facts but fiction
2.5: told you I’m not making music with my typewriter, even though I really own one (do you, btw?)

hello all ! i figured i would give one last update, since i don’t need forums anymore. my bubble still didn’t burst. my iMac is running perfect. focus rite interface still rocks. I’ve purchased a bunch of software and a couple midi controllers. everything worked the first time, and is still working great. logic 9 is way superior to cubase. the work flow is way smooth. i don’t waste hours trying to get the daw to do what i want it to. my buddy just got a mac because his pc was causing him a lot of grief. anyone still using a pc to create music is crazy. save up and make the jump. dump cubase too. its less than. jarno, ur still a loser. I’m sure ur down in ur moms basement reading computer magazines and being a douche. farewell all. thanks to all that helped me try and get thru using a pc with cubase. GET A MAC

Yeah, and the horse you rode in on… obviously, your attitude was much of the reason for your PC “problems”. Your posts were mostly filled with “it’ll never work” and “the grass is greener” type lingo.

Kudos on one thing though, i.e. to admit publicly that you are incapable of making a “PC” to work, on your own. Does Logic make your music for you too? :stuck_out_tongue:

its not that i didn’t think pc’s would ever work. they work but its like selling ur car and getting a horse. it will get u to where ur going, it just takes a lot longer and there will be a lot of delays. when u buy anything related to recording software or hardware u just plug it in and start working on a mac. on a pc, u have load the driver, then look for the updated driver online and download it, then find it and tell the pc where to retrieve it from , then find out that that driver doesn’t work with the 64 bit, find the 32 bit download it, then they don’t make a driver for win 7 , try the one for vista, it might work… ect. it never ends. oh wait …its working…CRASH…restart, default the settings, try it again… that was the issue with the sound card, cubase, addictive drums, m-audio axiom 25, upload wav files from previous recordings… just exhausting . for the record its not only me. if u notice there is a lot of forums dedicated to pc and cubase software/hardware problems. a lot. most of the mac and logic forums are just trying to learn the daw and navigate the quickest way. unlike pc , on a mac u can do most things multiple ways. very user friendly. pc is more douche bag friendly .

the grass IS greener on the other side. anything and everything i have tried on my mac has worked without any problems. i know a lot of u pc guys are hostile. i guess i would be too if i couldn’t achieve owning a mac and i was stuck with a pc.

logic doesn’t make the music for but it does allow me to create music while the creativity is flowing. i don’t have to stop every 20 minutes to read the horrible cubase manual( that was obviously written by programmers). or go a forum and ask a question , then wait for a reply. then 9 out of 10 times the reply doesn’t help anyway. they always say, “read the manual”. no sh!t sherlock. if the manual made any sense , i wouldn’t be on this forum, now would i.

hate all u want, deep down i know the system ur on sucks and it is limited. i love the hostility and the attempt to be funny tho. to bad ur a loser and ur opinions don’t matter in life. have a great day

I just read this entire thread and :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

And the hardware’s more expensive too.

So does a pencil and staff paper. :laughing:

And he says we’re hostile… :unamused:

It just got stupid didnt it… :laughing:

Just so you know, you are the one that frequent the words “hate”, “sucks”, “limited”, “hostility”, “loser”, etc… and that was just from that one last paragraph, lol. You need to grow up a bit, son!

Thought the same thing, but unwilling to say it.
Mostly came to this conclusion from his use of “internet speak”. :laughing:

:laughing: Yeah, I never thought I would say what the “oldies” used to say when I was a young “whipper-snapper”, but I guess when we are all younger, we are very immature. Not just by age, but by behavior, ethics, social interaction, etc. Most move on, some do not. :wink: I guess some didn’t get that slap on the backside when they were born! :laughing:

evenian

i thought it was me at first

Really? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: