Audio Mixdown Issue

Hi all,

I believe i was experiencing the same problem as described, i would play back a project in cubase and i would get random track dropouts (i.e: while playing back the sub and bass would disappear for a second, or a kick drum would not paly etc) my problem was that i had recently upgraded my computer and had forgot to go into the computers power management options and change those.

Hopefully this will remind some of you that might be in the same boat to do this as it solved my problem, if you dont know what i mean here is a link that describes what to do and what im on about.

Basically i set my cpu to minimum power of %100 and made it so none of my usb busses would auto shut off or any drives would suspend.

I hope this helps at least one person, stay creative.
Mike.

EDIT: What i described applies to both playback in cubase as well as full mixdowns to either wav or mp3.

So interesting to see that other people are having this issue too! I’ve discovered a workaround - one that sometimes works - but sometimes doesn’t! So I wouldn’t consider it a solution, just a random discovery:

If I set the export range to something “off grid” the dropouts sometimes disappear. So say I’m exporting from bar 5 to bar 101. I set the locators accordingly, then turn off grid mode, zoom in pretty far, and nudge both left and right locators just a few milliseconds off the grid.

Would be interesting to hear about the results anyone else gets with this.

Happy de-bugging,

Simon

This just worked for me Simon - so bizarre.

I can’t imagine how managed to find this, or why this worked but thanks for the tip!