Audio montage: Paste "overwrite from cursor" or "insert" leaves gap after end of pasted clip

In audio montage: Paste “overwrite from cursor” or “split-insert” leaves a tiny gap after the end of pasted clip. That was not happening in the older wl version i was using. Crossfades were created at beggining and end of clip Is that normal for wl11? I cannot find any setting to fix it.
Thanks
Kostas

I am not aware of any change in this area. Please add some descriptive screenshot.

Screenshots from WL11 latest:

OVERWRITE FROM CURSOR

SPLIT-INSERT

Screenshots from WL6:

OVERWRITE FROM CURSOR

SPLIT-INSERT

Are you using WaveLab 11.0.30? I can’t reproduce this.

Yes I am using 11.0.30.
However, I finally (after a good morning coffee) managed to figure out the combination of settings that produces that gap at the end of a pasted clip:

1. Create Crossfade and Snap to Waveform When Snapping to Left Clip is activated
  2. Create Default Fades in New Clips is NOT activated

So, now it makes sense.
Although I think would be better, for a newbie, if “Create Default Fades in New Clips” is activated by default in a new WL11 pro installation. It seems more logical when a clip is pasted that Default Fades are always created.
Thank you PG!
Kostas

1 Like

Thanks for your appropriate analysis. I should have hinted you to about this Snap to Waveform option.

1 Like