Audio-Montage => Ripple/Grouping

Hey PG,

I encountered a small but pretty annoying ‘bug’ - which is easily fixable.

When working with multiple Montages using the ripple funktion:

• Ripple is always set back to ‘none’ => individual Setting for every Montage; shouldn`t it be a global Setting for every Montage?
  • When choosing a Ripple or Grouping-Setting the window closes instantly which is irritating

Best,
Stanley

Ripple is always set back to ‘none’ => individual Setting for every Montage; shouldn`t it be a global Setting for every Montage?

Well, this is not a bug. There is pro and con to have this setting montage-local or global.

• When choosing a Ripple or Grouping-Setting the window closes instantly which is irritating

I don’t see what you mean. Please explain again.

Philippe

I enable and disable ripple frequently while editing, and it would be highly confusing to me if it were global. For me it is naturally a setting for a specific montage.

Paul

Unless there was a checkbox in the ripple area that just says maintain globally… while checked its global, while unchecked it’s local… I wouldn’t use it often, but maybe someone who changes montages often would.

I use Global Ripple Mode 99% of the time so for a long time, I assumed it was a global setting.

If it helps anybody, you can assign key commands to change the Ripple Mode setting.

In my opinion, the ultimate would be a modifier key that you can hold to temporarily bypass Ripple Mode. Usually when come out of Global Ripple Mode, it’s for one quick thing and then I go back to Global Ripple Mode.

I can’t think of one time when I used Track Ripple Mode. For me, it’s all or nothing.