Audio muted when using 64bit float processing

I’ve just bought it, but - as already seen with Melodyne - in Cubase I’ve been forced to lower the audio processing resolution from 64bit float to 32bit float, otherwise Spectralayers didn’t allow to hear the audio while editing. And it’s impossible to edit without monitoring what you’re doing.

Hopefully this gets fixed when Melodyne gets fixed.

Indeed, known issue from Cubase 10.0.30. Will be fixed with the next Cubase patch.

You have me beat. I’m not hearing anything at any bit depth. Nothing. It’s opening in the edit window and follows playback. It LOOKS fine but I don’t hear the track. Any advice on what I’m doing wrong here?

Thanks for any help!

Total Incompetence on every level to release ARA 2 and SL6 with this bug.

Will never purchase now, for completely wasting my time with yet another beta release.

StienBETA!

They were probably working on 32bit precisions ARA2 before they released 64bit mix processing.

It has nothing to do with bit depth, but with the processing precision of VST plugins in Cubase 10, which you have set to the non-default “64 bit float”.

In Cubase 10, menu Studio → Studio setup → VST Audio System → Processing precision → set this to “32 bit float”.

The answer is in the very first post on this topic. The issue is in the host DAW and not SpectraLayers. You have the processing precision of VST plugins set to the non-default “64 bit float”.

This forum already contained a post with a title that exactly describes the issue, including the workaround:
NO SOUND - Spectralayers Pro 6 in Cubase pro 10.0.30
In Cubase 10, menu Studio → Studio setup → VST Audio System → Processing precision → set this to “32 bit float”.

So its my fault then?