Audio ouput not registering

When I am trying to record an audio track, the input is registering, but not the output. Only one of the two blue metering lines are registering. I have pictures of my audio setup/VST connections. I am using stereo inputs/outputs and have a Steinberg CI2 interface with Cubase Artist 7.5. I would appreciate it if someone helped me out and told me What looks wrong with this setup.

more screenshots of audio connections…

What are you recording? If it’s a microphone (or mono instrument e.g. guitar), this is a mono signal and when recorded onto a stereo track will only register on either the left or right (depending on which input you’re using). You should set up a mono track.

There is no problem whatsoever with recording a mono input to a stereo track. You do want to be using a mono input and a stereo output, of course …

I’m not saying one cannot- shouldn’t do this or that this is a problem, just describing a reason he might be getting this effect.

Sure. Not trying to get on your case. Just wanted to point out that the stereo track wasn’t the problem :slight_smile: .

Agreed, all good :wink:

Hi folks, still a mystery to me after fiddling around with settings in my cubase 10 and searching on the web for a solution: I have installed Akai mpk2 as a controller and oddly since then, all my songs parts now only play on the right output. For instance, I have recorded two mono input tracks with guitars (stereo output). Usually I pan one to the left and the other one to the right. But whatever I pan to left ends up muted the further I go to the left. It does that will all my songs now. Anyone had this problem before?

Without seeing your routing/connections it is hard to tell what is going on. Not sure why you posted to a 6 year old unrelated topic. If you are using Cubase 10 (anybody’s guess which version), why did you not start a new topic in the Cubase 10 forum?

Good question, and thanks for reaching out! I’m not often on the forum (maybe three times over 5 years) so not familiar with procedures and I thought that if the topice has already been put out there best would be to post in the same one - obviously not :wink:
And to make matters more embarrassing, I found the reason: my kid had played with the headphones and broke the wire somehow in a way that I only hear the right output. I had to borrow his headphones to realise that…so this problem is not 100% resolved = don’t let a kid play with your gear!

:laughing:

Glad you got it figured out.