Audio Output to Computer

Hello,

I recently bought the Tascam US 1800 with Cubase LE 5. I was able to set it up and record a mono track to one of the inputs. However when I wished to play it back, I noticed no sound. I realized that the outputs weren’t set to come out of my laptop. I looked for this, but I could not find it. I would really like this feature as I plan on recording through other interfaces besides the Tascam, and the other interfaces do not have Audio out.

Additionally, I wanted to have the audio come out of the Phones jack of the Tascam. Couldn’t quite figure out how to do that either.

I would appreciate help.

Thanks,
–Dudemanguy

You need to either switch drivers between record and playback, or use a driver that combines the Tascam and onboard sound…

Thinkingcap…would you care to explain further? I dont think I would like to switch drivers between record and playback…that sounds like a ridiculous pain especially since I want to play back what I record each time. I would like to have my computer soundcard as the output and the Tascam as the input only. How can I do this?

You may have some success with the ASIO4ALL driver.

As said by using a driver that allows the use of both audio devices, since Cubase can only use one audio diver at a time.

Given the used system is windows

Indeed :stuck_out_tongue: If only people would put their system details in EVERY POST (please :laughing: )

Sorry, yeah I’m using Windows 7 64bit on a new Lenovo T530 Thinkpad.

Anyway, you mentioned ASIO4ALL driver. How can I get this driver?
All I have is the following:

1. ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver
  2. Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver
  3. US-1800

Ok so I figure I could download the Driver and install it…maybe from following link:

http://www.asio4all.com/

Is the link above what I want?
And will it fix my problem?

Obviously

Try it and tell us…