Audio output to Windows

I use Cubase Elements 8 on a 64 bit Windows 10 PC. It used to be that when my interface was not connected, I would select “Generic Low Latency ASIO driver” and my audio would play through my Windows audio device. For some reason, which may have been something I tripped accidentally, that no longer happens. I can see the audio on the transport panel, but unless I have my interface connected and headphones or monitors plugged into it, I get no audio output. At one time, this would have played through my stereo system, which is what everything else usually runs through. This was useful for listening to a track without having to hook up my interface, if I just wanted to hear it really quick to refresh my memory, or for whatever reason. I should point out that my PC audio goes out to my TV, and then to my stereo receiver from there. I know, it’s not an ideal setup, but it has to work that way because of my hardware. Again, it used to work just fine, but something changed at some point, and I don’t know what. Help getting this resolved would make me very happy. I have scoured the internet looking for solutions, but none that I’ve found are quite the problem I’m having, as far as I can tell. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.