Audio playback is not correct

Hello,

I am having trouble with my audio playback with Dorico. What I am experiencing is no sound on the playback, and then I think one time it said something to the effect of “audio engine died.” When the sound does play back, it sounds warped and very slow. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

update: I noticed when I unplug my headphones and play it without them, it goes back to normal, but when I plug them in, the problem comes back. I also have Logic Pro open. I don’t think I’ve ever had this problem before with the headphones plugged in and Logic Pro open.

The weird sound and the ‘audio engine died’ are most likely two separate issues, but we’ll see.

Can you please bring Dorico into that state again where strange audio comes out? Then go to Dorico’s menu and choose Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here.
Thank you very much

Hello, thanks for the reply. I tried several times to re-create the problem but now it’s working fine. Should I just post the zip file when it’s not working again? I am not sure if it is fixed for good now? Thanks.

Update: The problem came back. Attached is the zip file, thanks.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.4 MB)

Hi @mameza7 , thanks for the data. In the logs I see that from the Baios messages come in that the sample rate changed. Do you have other apps running in parallel that also use the audio device? If so, please make sure that they all use the same sample rate.

1 Like

Thanks for the helpful information. I think it is solved now! I think I usually have Logic Pro open at the same time when I am working in Dorico. I don’t use both programs like back and forth, but I think both are open at the same time. So what I have been doing with the file in Dorico that I discovered this issue was export the audio, and then import it in Logic Pro to do a mock up, and then change the sample rate in Logic Pro to match the audio from Dorico.

In this instance, I think I exported the MIDI to see if there was any quality difference in the mockup, and I checked the sample rate in Logic Pro, and it was at 44.1 kHz. Dorico was at 48000. I changed the sample rate in Logic Pro to 48 kHz and the file in Dorico seems to be working correctly consistently now!

Is there anything else I need to do? Thank you for the incredible help!

You are more than welcome and I’m glad to hear.

If you want to avoid trouble in the future, just make sure that all the audio apps you are using are set to the same sample rate. It does not matter much which one, just make sure that all use the same, then you shall be fine.

1 Like

great, thank you!!