Audio pops between edits

Cubasis 3 > I have always had a problem getting a pop at the beginning of each audio track when I set an in-point using the loop gadgets on the timeline. It wasn’t a big problem to edit them out, if I was recording a whole track, from start to finish. But, now that I am trying to create loops 4 and 8 bar loops, it has become a problem. I’m getting a pop at the beginning of every audio insert I make and if you are creating loops, it becomes quite obvious. Any ideas what could be causing this and what I need to do to keep this from happening in the future?
Thx - joe
In this example, the pop occurs right where the cursor is. Sounds like a record needle skipping.

Hi @surfdude2000,

Thanks for your message.

Did you create/record the loops in Cubasis?
Does it help to use the fade in event handle to get rid of the audio pop?

Best wishes,
Lars

Thank you Lars for your quick response.

I’m recording every using Cubasis3 on an iPad 8th gen.

After a little more testing, I believe the problem I was running into was not Cubasis at all, but my playing technique when recording them.

I think the problem was I was only using a 1 bar countdown and wasn’t actually playing until the recording started, when I should have been playing ahead of time.

I increased the countdown to 2 bars and I adjusted my countdown so I would start playing a bar ahead of the when the recording started and and the pops have disappeared.

Thx again for your quick response

• joe

Hi @surfdude2000,

Thanks for your updated feedback.
We’re glad to read that you’ve been able to sort out the issue.

Thanks again!

Enjoy making music
& stay safe,
Lars