Audio problems regarding MOX 8 and Cubase

Okay, so first of all, in order to get any audio signal I have to re-select my choice of input and output buses each time I open a new project in Cubase. Also, I can only hear audio through my MOX 8, and that is only when I am playing. I figured there must a way to get sound through my speakers while using the MOX 8, or at least be able to hear playback through my headphones connected to the MOX 8. That stuff seemed to work when the driver I chose was “Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver”, but online the Yamaha Steinberg USB Audio seemed to be recomended.

So two things:

1. How do I make it so that I do not have to re-select the audio buses each and every time?
  2. How do I get sound, including playback, through my speakers and not exclusively through the headphones in the MOX 8?

As I’m new to the MOX 8 and the Yamaha Steinberg USB Audio I have not yet figured out how to manage either of these problems yet.

Thank you in advance.

Hi and welcome,

1. Input/Outout settings is stored with the project. Make the settings, and save the project. Next time, the project will open with the settings.

2. Where are your speakers connected to?

Well, last night I only tried to get audio from the computers own speakers, as my external speakers are out of use at the moment.

In general…

You can use your MOX as an Audio Device, and then the outout comes thru MOX to the headphones or speakers, you connect to the MOX. For this case, select Yamaha/Steinberg USB ASIO Drover in the Devices > Device Setup > VST Audio System. This is recommended.

Or select the Generic Low Latency ASIO driver, and the output will come to the output of your computer (ie. computer speakers, and you will nit use MOX as an Audio Device.

Okay, but through the MOX it seems I can’t hear the playback when I want to listen to what I have recorded.

Nevermind everything suddenly started working perfectly. Thank you, man.

…but now it turns out I only have 16 remaining recordings until September 30. Does this mean that the eLicenser I used to regist the software was not valid, or what is the matter? Is it so that the AI only gives you 20 or so recordings free of charge?

Hi,

No, you can use Cubase AI as long as you need to (or as it is compatible with your system), when it is Activated.