Audio problems with Cubase 10.5 IA and UR44 on Mac

Long post, several problems

INTRO
2 weeks I got a new iMac aimed to be used as a DAW for my music productions. After doing some research I decided downgrade it to Mojave 10.14.6 and build my DAW on top of that, DAW based on Cubase 10.5 and UR44. Important to mention that same UR44 was perfectly working on my old Mac.

• Old Mac: Macbook pro with High Sierra 10.13.6
  • Cubase 9.0.30
  • Audio card Yamaha Steinberg UR44 with
  • Tools for UR44 v2.1.3
  • Driver v1.9.10

Taking an offer from Steinberg I decided to upgrade from v9 to v10.5. New DAW have then the folliowing:

• New Mac: iMac with Mojave 10.14.6 (fresh installation with nothing else on it)
  • Cubase 10.5
  • Audio card Yamaha Steinberg UR44 with
  • Tools for UR44 v1.9.10

PROBLEMS (1, 2, 3)

1.- Error with eLicenser:
When attempting to create a new recording session from the Hub, I got the following messages:
eLicenser Control - Error:
1.1 Application ‘Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip VST 3’ has caused the following error:
1.2 Application ‘GA Classics - CRUNCH VST 3’ has caused the following error:

I realized that I can bypass the error as long as I create/used /work on projects that doesn’t use those tools/plugins.

2.- No audio input
Even tough I can ear audio sources by selecting “Direct monitoring” from Studio/Studio setup/VST Audio system/Steinberg UR44" (in other words Audio connections -F4- are fine), I’m not able to record audio, input meter does not detect any audio.

Since I could find any solution for above problems, I went to the latest version on everything

• Cubase 10.5.12
  • Tools for UR44 v2.2.1
  • Driver 2.0.2 + UR44 firmware upgrade

Above create 2 new problems:

3.- Hardware tab from Racks disappear
4.- Audio now comes directly though with no control from Cubase

Current situation
After several hours dealing with this, I decided to rolled back Tools and driver (except Cubase 10.5.12) I was able to get rid of problems 3 and 4.
Problems 1 and 2 remain and I can’t find a solution. I’ll be happy if at least I can resolve problem 2.

Thank you for reading.

Problem 1: looks like you need to activate the Basic FX Suite license. You should have received an activation code for it in the box.
If you didn’t, please contact Support, they can provide one.

Problem 2: please see if this helps https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360002973880-macOS-Steinberg-program-would-like-to-access-the-microphone-

Hope it helps,

Great!, thank you Fabio. Problem 2 resolved by following your instructions. Will now contact support for the activation code.