I have a 2020 iPad Pro. Using SSL audio interface through a powered hub.
Every time I record vocals into Cubasis, the GUI freezes up while the song is still playing, so I can’t tell if it’s recording or not. When I’m done recording I hit play or record again to stop, then it stays frozen and playing for 15-30 seconds. Then what results is a waveform that doesn’t match up the recording. For example the actual recording will be 8 bars, but the waveform looks like it’s 5 bars or 14 bars. Sometimes there will be no waveform at all, even though I can listen to what I just recorded.
Another thing is that the recording always starts at bar 1, no matter where I place the playback header before starting the recording.
I am having these issues across all projects using the latest iOS and everything is up to date. Very disappointing experience so far.
Thanks for your message!
We are sorry to read about your issues, which definitely should not happen.
First of all, I’d recommend to relaunch your device via the following steps:
- Close all running apps, including Cubasis.
- Fully shut down the iPad.
- Restart your iPad.
- Launch Cubasis and load the “New Project” template.
Now, in order to record your vocal track
- Tap and hold the left locator (L) in the ruler and move it to the position you want to start the recording.
- Make sure the “Cycle” button (located next to the “Play” button) is not enabled.
- Place the playback header at the left locator (L) position.
- Tap the record button to start your recording.
In addition you may want to take a look at our “Getting started with Cubasis” tutorial to learn more about the Cubasis workflow in just a few minutes.
Please let me know if this helps to resolve your problem.
If the problem persists, please share a short clip with us with shows all steps leading to the issue.