Audio recording is slightly in front of beat

Hi everyone

I have been using Cubase for about 10 years and I have never come across this issue before, so I thought I would see if anyone of you have some suggestions as to what seems to be the issue.

Last week I was working on a project when all of a sudden all the audio I recorded shifted 50 milliseconds before the beat. I performed a loop sync and it seems to be okey. I know for a fact that I am not off on my playing, I have been recording for the better part of 10 years and I tried a lot of different songs that are usually spot on.

Samplerate is 44.1, the soundcard is Focusrite 2i2, I am using Windows and the last cubase build as of today, so that didn`t help (sometimes it helps to update :stuck_out_tongue: )

I have checked that the tracks have not been shifted in the studio setup, the tracks do not have a timedelay or anything. I even tried recording direct with just the sound of my guitar after the cubase click with no plugins activated and the problem persisted.

This is driving me nuts, I can not for the life of me figure out what this could be. At this point I am questioning everything, but there is usually an easy fix that I haven`t thought of yet.

Anyyone got any suggestions?

Regards, RR

Could be a plugin reporting the wrong latency.
Any new or updated plugins in the audio chain ?

Hi,

There are noe plugins or anything in the actual project. Just guitar plugged straight in, and the cubase click.

The guitar itself does not have any latency. The playback is smooth. No sign of latency while recording.